NATURAL TOOTHPASTE RECIPE
- Coconut Oil (I use Kirkland Signature from Costco but Amazon has a great one for $15.79)
- Baking Soda (Plain old Arm and Hammer does the trick. This one is just $6.89 for a 2 pack.)
- food grade Diatomaceous Earth (Optional.)
Dietomaceous earth gets absorbed into the bloodstream as silica. Silica hardens the enamel and prevents bleeding gums, gym atrophy, and recession. This one is sold for $12.70 for 2 pounds!
- Peppermint Essential Oil (Optional. Plant Therapy is great. This goes for $10.99 for 1oz.)
Simply mix the ingredients together. You can use 1/4 baking soda, 1/4 diatomaceous earth and half coconut oil. Add essential oil for flavor. Feel free to tweak the portions to whatever you like. If you live in hot climates simply place the mixture in the refrigerator for a few minutes to it can harder. Then scoop it out with a spoon when you're ready to brush. Don't leave it in there too long or it will get extremely hard and hard to scoop.
Brush everyday? Yes. Floss? Yes. Rinse after meals? Yes. Why do I still have cavities?? I even went so far as to eliminate sweets from my diet altogether. I made a choice between keeping all my teeth or indulging in food. I chose the first. I was so frustrated in the fact that I was doing everything I could to save my teeth yet when I went to the dentist I still had bad tartar and cavities.
Then I had a thought one day. "What has been the one thing I've consistently used throughout my life? Toothpaste! Why is commercial toothpaste so sweet?" BOOM! It hit me.
- I'm brushing my teeth with artificial sweeteners. No wonder I'm getting cavities!
- And what exactly is fluoride? I'm not a hundred percent sure. What I do know is that Hitler put it in the concentration camps' water to make people more docile and easier to control. Why am I voluntarily using it??
- Glycerine. It is a sweetening and preserving agent used in toothpaste. Glycerine coats the teeth and prevents teeth from being able to remineralize. That's right you heard it! Your cavities can heal themselves if you don't put stuff on your teeth that prevent them from doing what they're supposed to do!
I decided to cause of my tooth problems was commercial toothpaste. If you share my frustration this is the answer to your problem. You know how when you brush your teeth and you spit out the toothpaste it's white and foamy? Yup. Nothing got cleaned off. When I brush with this natural toothpaste what I spit out was brown and yellow. Gross. Better out than in though. On top of that the plaque build up throughout the day was almost nonexistent unlike when I when I was using commercial toothpaste and I had to brush 3 times a day. Here's to healthy teeth!